During his session, Jon Weinstein and Tom Marsicano will explore the conflicts and connections between the disciplines of project management and change management, and how best to integrate the two approaches.
Taking a humorous look at the relationship between project and change management, Jon and Tom will adopt opposing viewpoints to argue the power of each discipline.
They will also examine the ways in which project and change management can be integrated for mutual benefit, discussing roles, governance and key activities such as sponsorship and communication.
The session will be interactive, with Jon and Tom seeking delegates’ insights and experience to inform the discussion.
- Discover the challenges and linkages of these critical disciplines
- Learn how change leaders and project managers can identify, adopt, and integrate elements of each discipline to increase their initiatives’ level of success
- Understand the differences between change management methodologies
- Learn to gauge when a change project might benefit from a formal change management approach
- Understand the resources required to deliver effective business outcomes from change projects
- Find out why projects are 6 times more likely to succeed with effective change management
Here is an overview of the program:
The 2013 ACMP Change Management conference is an excellent opportunity to hear about new ideas, learn about the latest trends and innovations in change management and share experiences with more than 400 fellow change management professionals. Will you be attending?
For more information, please visit www.changemangementconference.com
Jon Weinstein, PMP, is President of Line of Sight, a firm delivering organizational change management, strategic planning, project management, and business process improvement services. He has 20+ years of experience in these areas, working with clients of varying sizes – from start-ups to Fortune 500 firms – and in a wide variety of sectors – including government, IT, insurance, healthcare, and transportation. Jon is the author of two books: “Achieving Project Management Success in the Federal Government” (Management Concepts: 2010) and “The Government Manager’s Guide to Project Management” (Management Concepts: August 2013).